There is a very annoying update error that seems to come up more than I would like to see … Error number: 0x80244019. It’s related to installing updates on a Windows XP machine. I have a fairly simple solution below:
1. First, try to upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 (IE8)
2. Reboot Machine – Try Updates again.
If that does not work, do the following:
1. Download Windows Update Agent
2. Save the .exe file to your C: drive
3. Click Start, and then click Run.
4. Type “C:WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe /wuforce” then click OK
5. Install Windows Update agent.
6. Restart the PC and try Windows Updates again. (Should work now!)
I hope that is helpful to anyone getting this annoying error.
NOTE & ALTERNATE DOWNLOADS:
I can not guarantee Microsoft will keep supporting older systems … If the above download links are no longer working, download the files here: